More Photo Fun


Over the holidays, my friend D and I decided to get serious about this photography business. So we entered into a friendly competition: twice per month we'll be traipsing about town seeing who can take the best shots.

I'm not totally clear on who serves as the judge for this competition. I'm hoping it's Nicole, because that give me a sporting chance. D already has quite a portfolio, so if it really is just a question of pure skill, I'm screwed.

(Is it so wrong to cheat at a hobby?)

Yesterday was our inaugural walkabout, and we were messing around with depth-of-field shots. I'm fairly pleased with how my photos turned out - if you want to see the rest, take a look at my flickr page (link is on the sidebar.)



Anybody else want to jump in on this "competition"? Zap Brannigan, I'm eyeing you.

Next up will either be landscape or macro shots, depending on the weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. The one of the stick on the ground kind of creeps me out, though. It looks like a hand with one fingernail left sticking out of the dirt.... My favorite is of the wooden fence. Some day I will have to get a fancy pants camera to fool around with too.