A Trip to Goldsboro

Last weekend we finally made it down to visit my sister, Beth, and her family at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in Goldsboro, NC. That's were a lot of F-15 jets hang out when they're not roaming around raising a ruckus. As near as I can understand (and believe me, I'm a slow learner) my brother-in-law, Adam, spends his days calibrating/testing/fixing the machines and tools that will either work on the jets, or work on other machines and tools that work on the jets.

I think.

Anyway, the kids were just recovering from a stomach virus known locally by the delicate name, "The Crud." So were my Beth and Adam, for that matter. But they were kind enough to host us anyway, and we had a blast.

I spent a lot of time setting up dominoes so the kids could knock them down, and building a tower so they could knock it down. Then we went outside where Zach displayed his prowess with the garden hose and Zoe whupped me at soccer, outscoring me by at least 25 goals. (She's also a dynamo at T-ball.)

We spent a lot of time reading books too.



On the adult side of things we took a tour of the base, saw where my brother-in-law works, ate some steak, and taught Nicole how to play Euchre.

All in all, it pretty awesome weekend.

(Beth, thanks for letting us visit!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Euchre!! I sure miss that game... hope Nicole did it some justice!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that we didn't scare you off with our little plague. I'm also glad that you didn't get sick. I can't wait to see you guys again. The kids talk about you constantly.... so make it sooner rather than later! On that note, we are going to Williamsburg next weekend to go to the water park. Got any plans?

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of you guys living close-ish together and getting to see each other! This week especially I have really missed my family.