The Smitty Cometh

The day after my bike-punk friends arrived, Good Ol' Smitty descended upon us.... and to the surprise of absolutely no one, things got stupid quickly. (And by stupid, I mean hilarious and awesome.)




The first thing we did was pick fleas off each other.





Then we rolled on up the Greensprings Highway for some good ol' fashioned hair-cutting...


sun soaking....


and ear-candling.


Yes, it is as crazy as it looks.... and I don't think it worked, so we're trying again tonight. Part of me thinks it's just some hippie practical joke. Oh well. (Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'll just pretend it worked.)

That's pretty much been the shape of my week. Lots of laughing, over-eating (the bikers can really cook) and lounging. In fact, we're doing that right now. Originally, the bikers had intended to depart today, but they've decided to hold off since it's snowing. Probably wise.

Don't you wish you were here with us?



5 comments:

jessica louise said...

yes, i do wish i were there with such stupidly lovely people. give rach lots of hugs from me and baby no no.

and persist with the ear thing. it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

What is ear candling? It is supposed to get all the junk out of your ears? I think I've heard of ear wicking, is it the same thing? Let me know if it really works.

bov said...

They have been hugged and rehugged. They have returned both hugs in kind.

I'm in the middle of a hug war! What a delightful thing.

bov said...

OK. I'm cool with the whole concept of alternative health stuff and whatnot. And I'm even cooler with the idea of getting all the crap out of my ear.

But I'm also a born skeptic. So, when someone says it's a bad idea to stick a flaming tube of wax in my ear, I just have to listen to that.

So, what do you say to this page...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping on your way out. As always, it was good to see you. I wish you the best in D.C. Keep me posted.