It Actually Snowed Last Night

It doesn't snow often here in the bottom of the valley. It usually just sticks to the ridgetops. When it does snow down here it usually melts within a few hours. So it was bit of a surprise when I awoke this morning and saw this much snow...


And it was wet, heavy snow, so there were broken branches all over the place. The neighbors were out chainsawing one branch so they could get out of the driveway. I had to move my car because the huge branch it was under was bending dangerously. Here is what our street looked like...


This is our clothes-line thingy...


And, of course, all the local children were out playing in the snow. This smarty-pants is scooping snow out of the gutter using a plastic pitchfork...


And what am I doing to celebrate the snowfall? Yeah, you guessed it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your snow. We got snow for a few hours a few weeks ago. We got about four inches and then it rained so it came and went in the same day. Luckily, I got the kids out in the snow to make a snowman before it all disapeared and took a million pictures just to prove it. We have no snow gear for them, they had hats, gloves and coats, but they had to wear jeans and sneakers. Poor kids.

JaneH said...

Eric, I'm glad you had lots of practice in how to deal with such copious amounts of snow! Looks like you dealt with it well :)

bov said...

It's not as easy as it looks, being this lazy. There are bills to not pay, and food to not put on the table, and work that's always waiting to not be done. It just never ends.

Anonymous said...

Wow. The snow looks wonderful. Plus, so does sitting and doing nothing. It's good to see that you're posting a lot, because I love reading it. To appease you, I posted a blog today. Well, to appease you and to make my friends laugh. Take care. Keep writing. Helen