Ah, Boston. I miss your musk.

Here's the quick and dirty on my trip to Boston last weekend, including some 100% must-see videos.


1. Tom and Jane were delightful hosts.
I kept them up past their bedtime, and probably behaved worse than the title character from Problem Child, but they graciously absorbed my antics and returned them with nothing but kindness and an ample supply of Cherry Coke.
>

2. The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Association can bite me.


I had a lovely Friday planned with my friend Curt up in Gloucester. Basically, we were going to play video games all day long. Wii, Guitar Hero, probably some Martian killing games... it was going to be awesome. But then my bus was wicked late, and which made me just miss my subway connection. So then I forked over $25 to have a cabbie drive me Dale Earnhardt style through the streets of Boston to the commuter rail station... where I missed my train. By 3 minutes. The whole day was shot.

A curse on both your houses, MBTA. A curse on both your houses.

3. Clutch Hitting Saves the Day.
Tom pulled some strings so that I could rejoin my old co-ed softball team for one more glorious run. I repaid him by muffing a two-out line drive... an error that ultimately led to 5 more runs for the other team. Oops. BUT, our team came up with a bunch of clutch hits, including the game-winner by my good friend Amy who laced a walk-off single into left.

4. I will NEVER allow myself to be videotaped while singing karaoke.
Fortunately for us, others aren't nearly as shy.




5. Tara was a gorgeous bride.
Corey was a gorgeous groom. The bar was open. Wheee! Congratulations guys!



6. Hurray for guy time. Here was the line up for Sunday at Jeff's house: Watch football, eat, drink, play football, eat, drink, watch baseball, eat, drink, play poker, eat, drink, drink, drink, drink, play Wii, drink, watch rugby.


7. Sometimes you just have to get up on the roof and dance.
It looked like these people were warming up for Brazil's Carnival. Boys in white playing some sort of mamba rhythm. Girls dressed like peacocks shaking what god gave them. Bless them all.



No comments: