Garage Sale

In Guatemala, Nicole and I had oodles of conversations about wanting to live a simple, uncluttered life. We're working towards that goal, but holy Toledo, do we have a lot of "stuff" standing in between us and that goal. Example: between us we have 8 suitcases, including 2 that I picked up for free at a yard sale 2 years ago and have never used. I don't even use suitcases! I just use my backpack when I'm traveling! Why the heck do I even have these things?

Anyway.

It's been a three month process, but Nicole and I finally had our big yard sale.
It was a total success - we got rid of half of our unwanted stuff, and the rest (mostly clothes) can go to Goodwill.

And it was a lot of fun, not least because our friend Yungju showed up with these very handy little bottles of champagne. Bless her.

Dave kept us company for most of the afternoon too, and Carissa made a cameo appearance to show off her new haircut. Thanks guys!


And Boo, heads up: you're about to become the proud new owner of some rarely used luggage. We'll be taking it down when we come down to visit, OK? I promise, it's good stuff.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Eric and Nicole! I'm so glad to hear that you two are doing so well! Eric, I miss you!!!!! Os mando besos desde Ashland. Chaoooo :)

Anonymous said...

Hola Eric y Nicole! I'm so glad to hear that the two of you are doing so well. Eric, I miss you!! Os mando besos desde Ashland. Chaoo :)
P.S.:I thought I posted a comment, but it didn't show up. Maybe this one will.

bov said...

Don't be so impatient! Yeesh!

I miss you too!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Love your 'hood. Got a lawn and everything! I figured you'd be living in the projects or something. Drop a line clown, we need to talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, thanks for the luggage, that would be great. I can't wait to see you so give me a call and let me know what dates work for you.

Anonymous said...

Dude - booze and garage sales; that's the best idea I've heard in a long time. Sadly, I just go to garage sales rather than throwing them and I am rather opposed to DUIs.