Employed!

After much searching, Nicole landed a job a couple weeks ago! She beat out 370 applicants (!) in a 3-month selection process for a job with the American Bar Association's Rule of Law Initiative.

And people, the ABA is an association of lawyers, OK? Not drunks.

So what does she do? Um.... lawyering, duh. Really, I have no idea. She can't do lawyering because she's not a lawyer, so I think she just... um... oh, just go check out the website.

Me, I'm still working my fanny off for Experience Corps and Civic Ventures. One of the most recent projects was whipping up some text for the website encore.org. Encore is the new book by Marc Freedman, the founder of Civic Ventures. It's about how some baby boomers aren't retiring during their "retirement" years. Instead they're switching to less lucrative, but infinitely cooler and more fruitful work as teachers, nurses, etc.

Still, I've got my eye on the calendar. My contract ends Aug. 31, and so I've ramped up my job search. The US Soccer Federation (or whatever they're called) is looking for a development person. Hmmm..... interesting. Comp tickets anyone?

No comments: